Monday, May 18, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

This week's Bloomin' Tuesday post is going to be a bit rushed. We just got home from five days in southern California and I have to hit the ground running! We were at the "happiest place on earth." That's right. We went to Disneyland and California Adventure. I went there thinking I would take a number of shots of the beautiful flowers at those two adventure parks for Bloomin' Tuesday. Instead I spent a majority of my time screaming at the top of my lungs as I whipped around corners and rocketed through loops and laughing out loud at other people screaming at the top of their lungs while they whipped around corners and rocketed through loops. So fun (and funny). We had a great time with a few of our kids and grandkids. I did manage to get a few pictures for Bloomin' Tuesday. These will have to do this week...

Beautiful delphiniums...

Luscious roses...

Dreamy bougainvillea...

Amazing hanging petunias...

And a pretty sweet little replica of Mickey's face comprised of
alyssum, mums, and a variety of other flowers!

To see more Bloomin' Tuesday posts,
head on over to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's!

14 comments:

Grammy said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD FUN FUN FUN! i AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. I LOVE THE petunias. ALL THE BLOOMS ARE BEAUTIFUL. HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

Aiyana said...

Sounds like a fun time for you. I haven't been there for over 20 years, but I do remember all the lush vegetation and flowers they had. Typical Southern California--great plant weather!
Aiyana

Darla said...

What a great time........love, love the hanging petunias! Your family is beautiful, I know you are proud.

Carla said...

I feel a little better that this beauty is not coming from your yard. If it was I might just have to be a little jealous:)
What fun! And what memories!

Bunny said...

What a delightful time you must have had. Lots of memories for the kids and grandkids. Those flowers are spectacular.

Paula said...

What great pix! Love your family picture too. Sounds like you had a great time. Paula

Quilt Hollow said...

The familiarity came rushing back as soon as I saw the hanging petunias! I used to live in CA and still yet when I go back for a visit the amusement parks have those amazing hanging baskets of flowers. Funny...I never really paid a whole heck of a lot of attention to them as a kid but now to see a snapshot spirals back childhood memories of amusement parks!

Dee said...

Those delphiniums are inspiring- I love the mix of color- the other pictures are awesome too- lovely!

MiaKatia said...

The family picture at the bottom is my favorite!

Jean said...

Love the family photo! All the blooms are lovely too! Sounds like you had a great time. Love the new header! Jean

Pudgeduck said...

beautiful flowers!! Beautiful family!! Wonderful Disneyland!

Kristine said...

Oh I love delphiniums! And I LOVE Disneyland :D Are you tired from your trip? Do you want to go back yet?

Teresa said...

Great photos. Love those delphiniums!

Renee said...

Those flowers take my breath away!!!

Hey, beautiful family photo! Are you sure you're the mom/grandma and not a really young, hip sister?