Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

Ever since I was a little girl and my mother told me that she lived in a white house with green shutters when she was a child, I've had an affinity for green and white. Funny how memories like that stick in your mind and shape your thoughts later in life. Today I thought I'd pay homage to those beautiful colors, green and white, with these photographs. Click on the picture to enlarge it and get a better view!

1st row: cherry blossoms, aspen, Bacopa or Waterhyssop
2nd row: Hosta, apple blossoms, aspen
3rd row: English daisies, Candytuft, strawberry plants


To see more Bloomin' Tuesday posts,
go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's.

13 comments:

GRAMEE said...

beautiful pictures..

Aiyana said...

Great examples of green and white together. The Hosta is beautiful, and I also like the cherry and apple blossoms--two that I've never seen in person. For some reason, I always thought cherry blossoms were pink--mostly because I'm old enough to remember the song, 'Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White'. Maybe they have different varieties.
Aiyana

Paula said...

Love your pictures! WOw you hosta is so big. I love hosta's I could have 100's of them! Thanks for sharing all that is in bloom in your area. I love seeing it! Paula

Darla said...

That's a great collage of green and white...

Tracey said...

I love green and white together! Hosta's are beautiful! Happy Blooming Tuesday :)

MiaKatia said...

I love aspen trees.

Renee said...

So beautiful! I love white flowers/foliage too. I used to have a giant snowball bush in my last yard and loved to arrange the blooms. I've never grown candytuft, but it's lovely. Maybe I'll try this year.

perennialgardener said...

I love your collage of greens & whites. Such soothing colors in the garden. :)

Teresa said...

Love your apple blossoms! so pretty.

Dee said...

all of the pictures are lovely- the shades of green and white are so beautiful together.

Jean said...

Beautiful green and white collage! Looks like spring has arrived!Happy Tuesday! Jean

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Suzanne, I am replying to your comment about never seeing a white clematis. There are many varieties available, and Henrii, is a really nice one to try. I think that is the correct spelling. Henry I I

Jen

jacjewelry said...

Beautiful blooms! I just love cherry blossoms, and those English daisies have been a favorite of mine ever since I was little (I saw my grandmother grow them - like you said, funny how that works!).