Monday, March 30, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

We had a mother of a snowstorm last week so all the little ground cover that was starting to sprout is now shivering underneath several inches of snow. So for my Bloomin' Tuesday post I'm relegated to cut flowers again -- which is not really a hardship, mind you. If I had my way I would have a vase of cut flowers in every room of my house. That's my idea of heaven. This week I bought a small bunch of tulips and a small bunch of snapdragons. Both of these varieties are favorites of mine and remind me of Spring! If I can't have Spring in my garden, I might just as well have it on my dining room table!

I took the first two photographs at nighttime and the next two in the early morning hours with full sun, which explains the difference in shading and color in the photos. They are lovely, aren't they?



































































To visit more Bloomin' Tuesday posts,
go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's!

14 comments:

Grammy said...

What beautiful tulips!
Congratulations on your new grandson too. Have a great week.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Suzanne,
Lovely blooms and I agree, I would have flowers in every room of my home too if I could!
Happy Bloomin' Tuesday
~Ann

PS cute new grandson!

Aiyana said...

Very pretty. I like the tulips in natural morning light the best!
My son in Denver sent a photo of the snow near his house. Quite a sight!
Aiyana

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

nice colours and good match.. love tulips a lot.. so pretty.. if money is not an issue.. I too would like to have fresh flowers all over the house.. hehehehe happy bloomin' tuesday!

Tolentreasures said...

I am with you on the flowers, that and fresh clean sheets off a clothesline EVERY day.
Cathy

Darla said...

Very beautiful colors too!

Sugarplum Cottage said...

I love those colors, Of course you know the snapdragons are my favorite. I love those little fellers. Hugs, Rosemarie

perennialgardener said...

Having freshcut flowers in the house is always a joy! Your tulips are gorgeous.

Renee said...

Beautiful!

My peonies and lilies are starting to come up and I'm so excited. Maybe I'll do tulips this year? hmmm.

Carla said...

Amazing the light purple in the evening light, pink in the brighter light! Do they smell as good as they look? Just beautiful!

Jean said...

I've been so tempted to buy some flowers! Yours arelovely and look wonderful together. Maybe next week we'll have some outdoor blooms! Jean

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Love the tulips and snapdragons. It would be nice to have fresh cut flowers in every room. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Mila Julia n Ryan said...

Thanks for sharing all of the good stuff on your blog. I love floewers and spring is just the perfect time. Tulips and snapdragons are so beautiful. My favorite one are the tulips. Nice pictures with light and without. Have a good day!!!

ryan said...

I think I should give some floers to my wife