Monday, March 23, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

Yesterday we came home from our trip to Nashville to 77 degree weather in Colorado. (Never mind that we are under a storm watch today with three inches of snow expected.) I can always tell when Spring is around the corner. Dandelions are my first clue. They start popping up all over my yard. Fortunately for them by the time I see those weeds I'm so grateful to see anything green in my garden that I am tempted to water and fertilize them just to encourage them along.

This year I will be fortunate enough to see the first real signs of Spring in two states -- albeit a month apart. On Saturday, before we left Tennessee, we went to the replica of the Parthenon in Nashville. It was a warm, beautiful Spring day. Birds chirping. Squirrels flying from tree to tree. Chubby babies toddling around the park gleefully experiencing a warm day. Beautiful moments.

While there I took some photos of the blossoming trees...

Be still my heart.

To enjoy more Bloomin' Tuesday posts, go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's!

15 comments:

Bonecrusher said...

Okay, seriously, that last one could be a postcard. That is a gorgeous picture. I'm impressed!

Paula said...

OUr son just moved to Nashville - what ward toes your family live in there? Paula krazykvarfordts@cableone.net.

He is single and I worry about him. The singles are in family wards. Thanks!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Suzanne,
I love those flowering trees! So pretty. You crack me up, water and fertilize the weeds. LOL You poor thing, spring is not far off for you!
~Ann

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Spring, Spring! You made my little heart go pitty pat with those pictures. I drive everyone crazy just looking at the swelling leaf buds and saying "aren't they bigger than yesterday?" LOL

Aiyana said...

The flowering trees are beautiful! I called my son in Denver this past weekend and he told me about the 77 degree day and impending storm. What a change! He said all their tulips and irises are up.
Aiyana

Darla said...

Just stunning these trees!

Kristen said...

Let me know when you get some cupcake totes made. Think my little birthday girl needs a pink one!

Carla said...

Be still my heart too! I can just imagine that in person!

Sugarplum Cottage said...

I love the bloomin' Cherry trees, mine is just now getting ready to bloom. I love anythng that blooms white. You have three adorable grandchildren, I know how hard it is to be away from them. My sweet granddaughter lives in KY and I can barely stand it. Rosemarie

Kristi said...

I agree with bonecrusher, that last one could be a postcard. Thoes trees are so beautiful! Welcome back and I am glad you got to spend so much wonderful time in TN.

Jean said...

Welcome back to Bloomin' Tuesday!Must have been hard to leave spring for more snow! Your pictures are breathtaking! Perfect shots!

SassyDog said...

Absolutely beautiful trees! Spring has arrived here in Florida. Many flowers in bloom and so colorful after the dead of winter.

Julie said...

Oh, those white flowering trees are spectacular!!! Thanks for showing these!!!

devri said...

Breathtaking.. I can't wait for your flower beds to come back!! And I don't live there, but man lady, you got some skillz!

Kristine said...

I love new blossoms! So pretty :) I wish spring would come back to my house :( Its been snowing here all week too. At least its not sticking.