Monday, May 12, 2014

Grocery Bag Dispenser... {another one}


A couple of months ago I made a Grocery Bag Dispenser for myself. I have to admit I've loved having a place for all those little plastic bags I accumulate from stores.


Since then I've made a few more for others in my life and given them as gifts. I needed a little "thank you" gift for someone recently so I made another one...


I followed the tutorial that I found at Moda Bake Shop. Instead of using a Charm Pack, I just cut out 16 - 5" squares of coordinating fabric from my stash of fabric and use 1/2" seams. I usually use 8 pieces of coordinating fabric and cut two squares from each fabric to make the 16 squares.


I particularly loved the combination of colors in this one...


I don't normally have the patience for quilting, but I can somehow manage to put 16 squares together to form this little bag.


I'm hoping that a sweet lady that hosted us recently for a family dinner will be able put this to use around her house.