Monday, November 14, 2011

Print button...

A couple of days ago one of my readers, Carla, wrote me and asked if I had a "print button" on my blog. She couldn't find it and wondered if I had placed it in a less than obvious spot. I have to admit that up until that time I hadn't heard about "print buttons" so I did a little investigating. I immediately came upon this website at "Print Friendly."  I followed the simple instructions and with a few easy clicks this button was installed at the end of each of my posts.


This button enables my readers to print my blog posts with the click of a button. It also has an option to make a pdf file or email the post. One can also scale the text size and/or omit the pictures. The benefit to you as a reader? You'll be able to easily print off any tutorial I publish with the click of a button! 


10 comments:

Krystal said...

ooooohhh! I have never heard of that either! What a great feature!

Kathe said...

Wow thanks for sharing this tip! I can see how it would be a very useful tool!

Denise said...

yay! I am so excited to be able to print your awesome tutorials!

krazgrl said...

I saw this on another blog a few weeks ago and use it all the time. If someone hasn't provided the "print" button for you, all you have to do is "copy" the URL from their blog, pop over to the "print friendly" site, paste the URL and print away. Then all the stuff you don't really want to print is taken out for you. Saves, paper and ink. BRILLIANT!!!!

Joy Burkhart said...

Wow! Thanks Suzanne! I installed it immediately to both my blogs, just in case!
xoxo
Joy

carla.evans said...

I'm glad I'm not the only printer out there!!

gail said...

way cool! thanks for sharing suzanne!
I just added it to my blog. Easy peasy!

gail

Sharon said...

Super! I wish more of the bloggers that post tutorials would think of this. So much easier for those of us to actually have a hard copy of the tutorial.

Kill The Cat said...

Cool!!! Now it is easy for me to print all my posts hahaha Thank you for sharing! :)

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Thanks so much for the link, Suzanne! I'm going to have to add one to my blog, too!

I'm visiting via BessieMary's blog (Jan), but I'll be back to explore.

Blessings,
Donna