Monday, November 07, 2011

Pocket Pillowcases...


I saw this idea several months back on Pinterest and immediately knew I'd want to make a bunch! Last week I designed a pattern and made some for our grandchildren for Christmas. I love the idea of a pocket on a pillowcase. There are so many things you could tuck inside that little pocket. I chose to buy some small books and some stuffed animals (Target, $4.99). Here's what I came up with...


I used flannel fabric because I love a soft warm pillowcase in the winter. I thought the grandkiddos would appreciate that too, however, any soft cotton would work well.


I couldn't ignore the grandboys. Here's one for a dog-lover...


For older children (6-10 years), you could also tuck in a little journal. I love the idea of getting them in the habit of writing in a journal or diary before bed each night.


Later this week I plan on publishing a tutorial with measurements and brief instructions on how to make a Pocket Pillowcase. It's such a quick, easy project! Stay tuned...



19 comments:

Whimsy-ma-blog said...

Really cute!

Renee said...

So cute and clever!

I substituted in nursery last week and had your little R. He is such a character! Those dimples get me every time!!!

Tami / Maddie Lumpkin said...

Love that idea! Would be great for kids who go to daycare.

she dreams big! said...

Another cute item to add to my Christmas to-do list! Can't wait for the tutorial! I'm off to find flannel so I'm ready!

itsstilllife.com said...

What a wonderful idea. Yours turned out absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Karen G

itsstilllife.com said...

What a wonderful idea. Yours turned out absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Karen G

Sharon said...

I can't wait for the tutorial! These are just so stinkin' cute! Great gift idea - thanks for sharing your talent!

~Carla~ said...

These are awesome!! My oldest daughter listens to her iPod at night, so this would be so great for her!! Can't wait for the tutorial! Thank-you!!

amynr said...

I love this!!! I am not that talented, so I can not wait for instructions!!! I love the tooth monsters you made, but this is great!!

Joy Burkhart said...

This is such a cute idea! Love the fabric choices, too. Have to add to the Christmas list of this to do!
xoxo
Joy

Mia said...

Oh dear!!! Those are so adorable! The kids are going to absolutely love them. I can only imagine what will get stashed int those super special pockets. I have a feeling there will be pokemon cards in one and legos in another and for sure books in the third. So cute!

Bern said...

This is a great idea! I'll be looking forward to seeing the tutorial! Thanks, Bern in Australia

Chris said...

Oh boy! You are so sweet to share your ideas...I have been racking my brain for something fun and useful for our grandaughters for Christmas...this just may be the ticket! Looking forward to your post! :) BTW your pillowcases are adorable!

pasqueflower said...

How CUTE!!!

Sharon said...

Those are just too cute! Will anxiously await the tutorial so I can make up a few (7 grandkids) for Christmas!!

CatNCart Craft said...

I too would love your tutorial - fabulous idea for a christmas present. Yours look so cute
Judy

Jillian said...

I love the fabric you used! Your grandkids are going to love them!

Decorating with Cents said...

These are so cute, they're absolutely gorgeous...anyone receiving these will appreciate them. I'm a new follower, please drop by when you have a chance. http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com

TG said...

Those are sweet and the fabric is cute too. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.