Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nuthin' but leaves...


I've got nothing to share but leaves today. These beauties were resting at my front door when I walked outside the other day....


God has an incredible imagination, doesn't He? I mean, look at those colors! I let the leaves pile up this year. Every time I'd walk outside I would see them and smile. I'm not sure what phenomenon has to occur to have such vibrant colors in the Fall, but whatever it is -- it happened this year in Colorado. The trees are gorgeous.

I wish I had something else to post about, but creating is at a standstill. This week we are having new windows installed in our home. To say our home has been turned upside-down during the process is an understatement. Toward the end of the week we should have everything put back in its place -- just in time for a master bed and bath renovation starting Monday. So excited. We're {I say "we're" loosely -- we're stimulating the economy by having someone with a construction skill-set take control!)  basically gutting the bathroom and starting over! The timeline for completion is 2-3 weeks. We can only hope. The only part of the work that I'm doing myself is the painting. I love to paint. I am having a problem finding the right color though. Ay caramba! Thank heavens for $3 sample paints at Home Depot. My bedroom walls looks like a patchwork quilt right now with all the colors I'm "testing". I'm committing to making a color decision today! Wish me luck.

Here's one more...


Have a nice day!

5 comments:

Eryn said...

Be careful... I painted so many "sample" colors in my bedroom over top of eachother, my husband had to sand down the wall beforehand because the raised edge from the samples was more than evident!!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

We went through the "reno" stuff in January/February/March...it's a upheaval to say the least.

And the painting part is like the icing on the cake, all that consideration to colors....love it.

Best of luck, will you share some photos when you are done?

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Connie said...

Good luck with finding just the right color. Sometime that can be the most tricky part. (Just ask my hubby, he sometimes "gets" to paint twice because I don't like the first color. And that is after I have painted swatches. Ya, he's a keeper).

gail said...

Look toward nature for inspiration in your color! So many colors in those beautiful trees (leaves) :)
good luck with all the changes taking place!
gail

Donna Heber said...

What gorgeous leaves! They look better at your house than mine (hee hee). Enjoy your new windows and painting Suzanne.