Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bloomin' Tuesday . . .


It looks like we have a bumper crop this year...


I love the fruit trees in our backyard. We have two apple, a cherry, a pear and a peach. The cherries always are the first to ripen -- usually around the 4th of July. This year the cherries are a week or two behind schedule, but the tree is loaded with these gorgeous crimson orbs ...


When we have a crop like this I usually pick all we can handle and then let neighbors fill their buckets! We're very popular this time of year in our neighborhood.


A little later this week I'll be making some cherry jam -- one of my favorite things to do mid-summer. It makes me feel productive.


There's nothing better than a countertop filled with these...


...except maybe this -- some homemade Artisan Bread slathered with butter and homemade jam...




Linked to:
Bloomin' Tuesday @ Ms. Green Thumb Jeans
Garden Tuesday @ Sidewalk Shoes
Tuesday Garden @ An Oregon Cottage

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

I want to be your neighbor......love fresh Picked Cherries!

Melynda said...

What a great crop. I am thinking those are "pie" cherries? Neighbors like you are in demand!

Julie said...

Oh, wowzers...what an amazing cherry orchard!!! I want that bread and butter and jam right now!!! This is what heaven on earth is all about!!! :)

colorchic said...

Looks delicious! I wish our cherries didn't have the extra protein! I'll have to make a trip to farmers market for mine.

Terrie said...

Wow, I also wanted to be your neighbour! So pleased with the bright and fruitful view. Jam is yummy....

Green Bean said...

I am jealous! We don't have cherry luck like that round here.

Pam said...

Thanks for linking up! I am insanely jealous!

Allison at Novice Life said...

Wow those Cherries look WONDERFUL! We have an orchard but no cherry trees and people call for them all the time.

Jennifer said...

I'd be your best friend this time of year too! What I really want is an Apricot tree, but I'd take cherry and pear too, so why did we plant a peach?

Deebi27 said...

A Yummmmmm! Waiting for our trees apple, cherry and nectarine to survive AND to grow!

Jean said...

Suzanne, Fresh cherries are my all time favorite fruit! I wish I was your neighbor! What a beautiful crop! Jean

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

This looks like my childhood - so many fruit trees!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Suzanne,

What gorgeous looking fruit trees! There is nothing better than homemade jam. Wonderful photos of your cherries.

Deb said...

I'm a bit late stopping by all the Bloomin' Tuesday posts, but I'm glad I stopped by here. Your fruit trees are loaded down and beautiful! Yes, LOVE cherry jam, and everything looks delicious.