Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Early Morning Hours . . .

One of my favorite times of the day in the summer are the early morning hours, and one of my favorite places is my garden. I love it best when the sun has just crept over the eastern horizon and the garden is flush with the dappled light of morning. Early this morning I was in my garden taking some photos, and it occurred to me to use the garden as a backdrop for some pictures of a few new creations I made last week.


I love these Bunting Cosmetic Bags. (Go here for the tutorial and list of materials.) They are just the right size, and I love the bunting that criss-crosses the front of the bag. Here are two bags I made last week in my favorite summer color -- turquoise...



Turquoise reminds me of the ocean, summer skies, and the bottom of a swimming pool -- all things that mean "summer" and "fun" to me! I put a spunky little lining in these bags to give it a little pizzazz when it's opened!


These bags are cute on their own, but with this early morning backdrop they're made even better!


I hope you're enjoying a beautiful summer day!

7 comments:

Angie said...

I love your bags! I'm bag-challenged :) so I drool all over everyone else's. Your garden is beautiful; I too love the early mornings best...

annemarie said...

Love your bunting bags. You always amaze me with your talent.

Stephanie Mosselman said...

your garden i beautiful! i look to more photos from here. and early morning light is best for great pics. and...i have started making a bunting pouch of my own inspired by you...if i post on the blog i will let you know!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Those are sooo cute!!

krazgrl said...

Such lovely pics. I just found your site and marked it as a fav. YEAH! I not only love a cute bunting but I truly love me some pretty fabric. Care to share where you got yours?

Kinzie Sue said...

cute! they look a lot like a shirt I made for K. buntings really are popular these days- so festive and fun!

Chris said...

Hi Suzanne :) Yes this little bag is very cute. (and your yard with all its pretty flowers is very lovely). I love the tourquoise, aquas and blues as well. It is a very refreshing color to me,and yep it does remind me of the ocean. We just returned from a quick trip for our anniversary and guess where we ate lunch the first day we left on our way out of town? Williamsburg! We actually stopped by there on our way home yesterday and walked the old streets a bit and watched the tourists...:) Didn't see any bloggers I knew. :)