Thursday, December 23, 2010

Easy Peasy Rocky Road...



I'm sure most of you are finished with any baking that you've done for the holidays, but just in case you need a really quick, easy sweet here is a fabulous recipe...

Rocky Road

17 to 21 ounce bar of milk chocolate or dark chocolate 
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup coarsely broken walnuts

Break up chocolate and melt in microwave. Heat in 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted.  Stir until smooth. Stir in marshmallows and walnuts. Put in an 8x8 inch pan that has been lined with plastic wrap. Refrigerate till set. Cut into serving pieces. (Option: You can also use a chocolate with almond bar and forgo the walnuts!)


I use Rocky Road as a "filler" on goodie plates for our friends and neighbors. It's so quick and easy to make and it adds some necessary chocolate to the mix...


This is such a fabulously easy recipe and it tastes sooo good.


Enjoy!

8 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

ooooooh! That sounds so delicious!

Jillian said...

save some for me!

Brandi said...

Looks delicious! I always wanted to try making homemade fudge and I think your recipe would be a great start! Thanks for sharing and I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! Merry Christmas!!!

Maryam said...

As soon as my eyes opened this morning I thought immediately of my rocky road fudge you made me and bolted for the kitchen. Three pieces later I was ready to face the day! Thank you. love ya m

Ica said...

This is my first comment on your fabulous blogg. I love to read it and have plans to copy your art gallery, but not in my home, but at work. I'm a teacher :-). Your fine recipe on Rocky Road sounds nice, altough I'd like to share the recipe I use to make this delicious treat :-)
400 g dark chocolate
200 g milk choklate
1 cup pistachios (sorry if the spelling is bad, I'm swedish...)
2 cups salted peanuts
2 cups of minimarshmallows
1 bag (1½ cup) choclate covered toffee confectionary. In sweden we use a sort thats called Dumle...
Melt the choclate and just stir with the othet ingredients. Mmmm just lovely.
Happy Holiday
Ulrica from Sweden

Kimberlee said...

That looks absolutly yummy! My mom uses a similiar receipe, and then my mother-in-law inundated us with lots of holiday treats.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Rissa said...

Yum! My mouth is watering already! And it looks so easy, I think even someone as kitchen-challenged as me could do it!

~ Rissa
http://hazelandhoneysuckle.blogspot.com

Angel said...

That rocky road looks delicious. Just added it to my collection. Thanks!