Monday, August 17, 2009

a teensy weensy preview

I should be cleaning my house. Guests are arriving in six short hours. Instead I'm browsing blogs and fabric sights. It's a lot easier to do that than getting on hands and knees and spit shining my hardwood floors. You can related, I'm sure.

Er you all think that I have forgotten how to turn on my sewing machine, I thought I'd give you a teensy weensy preview of some fabrics for hang ups that I recently purchased. Oh yeah.

How I love the colors of autumn. Moss green, amber gold, pumpkin orange, brick red, eggplant purple, and, of course, chocolate brown. These colors speak to me. I recently purchased an array of fabrics in fall color palates and I'm looking forward to whipping up a few hang ups come mid Setpember. Might even have to have a give-away around that time. See what you think...

10 comments:

Jan said...

I love the rich, beautiful fall colors. And you have such a great eye as you put things together.

Puddle of Grace said...

Beautiful choices! I love the sweet birds!

PattiCakes said...

Did you make bags for your daughter's bridesmaids? That's how I got back in to sewing 4 years ago, after being away from it for almost 20 years. I made the bags (all hot pink & lime green, each different), and she made their jewelry. Now I'm just doing quilts.

Love those rich browns and greens!

Quilt Hollow said...

I like the birds but then all equally will be gorgeous as totes! You have fantastic eye for color and fabric choice!

Renee said...

Oooh, I love the birds and the browns and yellows!

Devri said...

I am with Renee love the browns birds, and yellow! sad but true fall is coming! hugs to you!

Chris said...

I really like the last two pictures of fabric. The 3 greens together are really nice. I'm not a real fan of fall colors for me to wear except maybe a little brown but love them on others. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out,you always do such a nice job.

Shawn said...

These patterns and colors are absolutely so fabulous!! I love them!

Tolentreasures said...

I love all the fabrics! You really have an eye for what goes together. I love the last one the browns and yellows.

Cathy

Judy said...

What fabulous choices! Why does that last one make me think of chocolate . . . . Perfectly yummy!