Monday, August 31, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

It's been a month since I posted a Bloomin' Tuesday post. To say that August was a busy month for us is a gross understatement, however September has arrived and things are beginning to slow down, so I'm happy to have a few photos to share. We were out of town most of last week attending additional wedding festivities. We managed to travel to two states -- Utah and Georgia. On Sunday we came home from the east coast. We had attended a wedding reception for the bride and groom in Georgia hosted by the groom's family. I'd never been to Georgia and I was so impressed -- such a beautiful state. I flew home thinking that my garden, which had been flagrantly ignored for a week would be in shambles. I was pleasantly surprised. Temperatures have cooled and our garden has had a bit of a resurgence. I love it when this happens. The flowers seem to want to express their loveliness one last time before fall comes bustling in. Here is a sampling of what's happening in our garden this week:

Some annual (for Colorado) hibiscus still strutting their stuff..

and our delicious perennial hibiscus, "Luna Pink Swirl."

Bougainvillea and clematis are still gracing us with their vibrant colors...

and my impatiens are appreciating these cooler temps.


For more Bloomin' Tuesday posts,
visit Ms. Green Thumb Jean's to see what's blooming
in other areas of the country...

12 comments:

Annie of Blue Gables said...

Your garden and flowers look so much happier than mine. I can't get things to grow around the tree for some reason.
maybe it is the cats who think that is their outhouse? I don't know
I love yours.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Suzanne, all your blooms are so pretty. I have been so busy with things at church and its been so darn hot that I haven't been able to go out and spend time in the garden this month. Hopefully, September brings cooler weather and less stuff to do!
~Ann
PS your grandbabies are just adorable!

Aiyana said...

The clematis is identical to the one my daughter-in-law has in Denver. I was just there during the time that Denver's highs were higher than Phoenix! All these flowers look so familiar--it could be at my son's house!
Aiyana

Deb said...

Your flowers are doing great! I love the hibiscus and clematis. And I've always wanted to plant a bougainvillea but never have. It's beautiful.

Jan said...

Beautiful!!

So glad things went will with the wedding -- yay!

Darla said...

You have some great color around you for the 1st of September.

Renee said...

Ooooh, Luna Pink Swirl. Stunning!

Jean said...

Wow!Your garden does look great! Love all those impatiens, lots of planting! All your hibiscus are lovely! I love the peachy one. Jean

Sue said...

I LOVE the pink hibiscus! Beautiful, and I also loved the beautiful picture below of your little granddaugher. What a cute baby, and I love the name Berkley!
Take care!

Tudy said...

Love your flowers.

Carla said...

"The flowers seem to want to express their loveliness..." well said:)
My Luna is red, love your pink blush:)
Those weddings are time consuming aren't they? But what fun!! I'm going to get our photos tonight-I'm so excited!!!
Congrats on your the union:)

Laurie and Chris said...

Your hibiscus are so pretty. My husbands grandmother used to grow these in side they were always so pretty.