Monday, November 10, 2008

Bloomin' Tuesday

I had to skip last week's Bloomin' Tuesday post. I looked around for anything bloomin' at our house and came up empty handed. It looks as if I've been relegated to "purchased blooms" rather than "planted blooms" if I'm going to participate in Bloomin' Tuesday throughout the Winter. I'm thinking it could be a lot worse. I happen to love a bouquet of posies on my table any time of the year. I just might have to purchase a weekly bouquet to satisfy my desire to participate in this weekly post... The things we do for our blogs! ;o)

Here's my post for this week. I have to admit that this variety of roses is a favorite of mine...especially this time of year! Love the "berries" too. I have no idea what they are, but I've put them in a lot of my bouquets this Fall. Click on the photos to get the full effect of these luscious flowers.

Later in the week when they had opened up...

To join in on the fun or to see other Bloomin' Tuesday posts, visit Ms. Green Thumb Jean's!

12 comments:

Julie said...

You are as bed as me, running out for new succulents! LOL. These roses are such beautiful colors!!! I know they are so pretty in your house!!!

Darla said...

Those are beautiful roses, love the colors!

Maryam said...

Do they call them "sun and fire" roses? They are my favorite. Well, I also love Sterling roses, they are the purple ones. They smell better than red or pink roses. When I was married I carried a bouquet of Sterling roses. So pretty. love m

Sweetie said...

The roses are beautiful. In the winter, I often pick up a bouquet of flowers at the super market. It's always nice to have flowers on the table.
Sweetie

Aiyana said...

These are beautiful roses. Any idea on the name? I've seen similar coloring, but nothing this dramatic on the edges of the petals.
Aiyana

Jean said...

Suzanne, I love the colors of these roses and the berries are the perfect compliment. We all appreciate the sactifice you are making for Bloomin' Tuesday!lol! Jean

MiaKatia said...

I think I need to join the blooming tuesdays so I can get myself a new bouquet each week! I love the way you think.

Grammy said...

Hi Suzanne,
I love your roses. How wonderful to have new blooms.
Have a great week.
Grammy

Cynthia said...

I love the idea of buying a new bundle of flowers every week just to keep posting on Bloomin' Tuesday. Gotta have flowers. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today as well. I am enjoying my visit to yours. :)

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Suzanne, I love the color of those roses! Very pretty and fall looking too!
~Ann

Tins and Treasures said...

Yes, I think fresh flowers every Tuesday are a must!! (you don't have cats, do you?!)

Angie said...

Beautiful!!

I heart photography!