Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Dwipe & Burp Cloths...


A couple of days ago I posted some photos of projects that I've been making the last couple of weeks for a couple of granddaughters that will arrive in February and March. Here are a few more of those projects...

A number of years ago I made this pattern for a Diaper/Wipe Tote. I named it the "Dwipe," and have been selling the pattern in my Etsy shop ever since. If you need a quick homemade gift for a mother-to-be, this should be your go-to gift. It's such an easy pattern to sew and it's something that will be used for years by the new momma (and daddy).  It's a small case where a parent can store essentials -- a travel case of wet wipes, a thin changing pad, and a few diapers. This tote can also come in handy for the parent who is training her child. One can put a change of clothing into the tote in case of emergency. This mini-tote can then be placed in a glove compartment, a purse, or a diaper bag. I made a bunch of these some months back and have been giving them away ever since.




I've saved the best for last. These are the easiest little gifts to make you will ever find, but mothers and fathers love these crazy burp cloths. Years ago one of my daughters-in-law asked me to make her some of these, and they've been a hit with the new mommas and daddies in our family ever since. They are basically a pre-folded purchased cloth diaper that has been fancied up a bit. Here's the simple tutorial I published years ago. It'll show you how to make these cute and practical gifts...'



{Once again, these fabrics are from of Hobby Lobby.}