Monday, December 22, 2014

Another {little girl} Crossbody Owl Purse...


Another baby owl was nudge out of the nest a few days ago. I made one last Crossbody Owl Purse for a friend's daughter for Christmas before packing up my machine for the holidays...


When I created this pattern for my granddaughters, I thought there would be just a few of these owls flying around the U.S., but then I decided to offer the pattern free to my blog readers. Almost 1,000 people have requested this pattern from all over the world and most say they plan on making several purses. We may have created a new species whose natural habitat encompasses the northern and southern hemisphere!


Do you know what a group of owls is called? A "parliament".
A parliament has been created!


I love the combination of fabrics I used for this owl. There are a lot of cute "owly" prints available, but I used a fabric from Studio E "Tree Huggers" line, called "Owls on Trunks" for the lining.


I bought it several years ago, so I'm not sure it's still available, but it was perfect for the lining of this little tote. The outside fabric was designed by Alison Glass for Andover Fabrics. It's aptly named "Sunprint Feathers {gray}".


Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!