Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Vintage Pouch...


When I was in California my sister and I helped my mother go through some of her things in anticipation of her move in the next few months. Downsizing is an interesting process. On the one hand it feels good to de-stash, but on the other hand it feels like you are giving away memories. As we were going through the items every once and awhile my sister or I would put something aside. Four vintage napkins got placed in my little pile...


I didn't know what I would use them for, but I love fabric so I hoped something would come to mind. Today I broke out my sewing machine and whipped these napkins into little pouches...



This pouch is big enough to house a Kindle or to use as a little travel pouch for cosmetics or jewelry.


The one below will be making its way to a niece who is about ready to deliver her fifth child. I filled it with goodies that she can take to the hospital. I think it's kind of neat that she will have something from her grandmother to take with her to the hospital. {I'm humming the "The Circle of Life" as I type.} The most important item I stuffed inside the pouch is buried at the bottom -- Peanut M&M's -- a food group in and of itself and one of life's staples. They may be as important to me as the air I breathe. Just sayin'.