Thursday, May 31, 2012

Imported Lace Kindle Case Tutorial...

Often when I publish a tutorial I'm asked in a comment or email if I plan on selling the item in my Etsy. Sometimes the answer is "no", but occasionally I do make extras and put them in my Etsy to sell. This is the case with my Ruffled Kindle Case.


Tuesday I posted my "Ruffled Kindle Case" tutorial. Today I'd like to suggest a variation to that tutorial and show you my "Imported Lace Kindle Case." {Did you notice that rhymes? It does.} Here's the tutorial:  Instead of running a fabric ruffle down the center of the case, I simply sewed two lines of beautiful crocheted imported lace down the center and then applied the twill tape over the ends. {End of tutorial.} ;o)

Here's a tone-on-tone I made yesterday...


All three of these cases {and more} are for sale in my Etsy for those non-sewers in my group!


For you sewers... If you don't have a Kindle already, you might have to go purchase one just to try out your sewing skills!


Have a nice day!

6 comments:

Brianna said...

These are AWESOME. So unique and beautiful. I'm envious of your sewing skills!

Julie said...

Oh, I wish I owned a Kindle because I would snatch one of those up in an instant!

vexa said...

lovely variation!

Sharon Dawn said...

Oh, what a nice idea! Very pretty!

Sharon
dexterdays-sdk.blogspot.com

Lisa M said...

Thank you for Tuesday's tutorial and for showing us your lace alternative today. Although the tone on tone case is my favourite, they are all gorgeous.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Suzanne,
I have always loved your work...and this is no exception. It is adorable. I don't have a Kindle...but thinking that maybe I need one so I can have one of your cases.

I still use my fabulous bag that I won from you for my current crocheting projects. Right now it's baby beanies!

I hope this finds you enjoying the beautiful summer type weather we are having. Take care ~Natalie