Thursday, May 31, 2012

Imported Lace Kindle Case Tutorial...

Often when I publish a tutorial I'm asked in a comment or email if I plan on selling the item in my Etsy. Sometimes the answer is "no", but occasionally I do make extras and put them in my Etsy to sell. This is the case with my Ruffled Kindle Case.


Tuesday I posted my "Ruffled Kindle Case" tutorial. Today I'd like to suggest a variation to that tutorial and show you my "Imported Lace Kindle Case." {Did you notice that rhymes? It does.} Here's the tutorial:  Instead of running a fabric ruffle down the center of the case, I simply sewed two lines of beautiful crocheted imported lace down the center and then applied the twill tape over the ends. {End of tutorial.} ;o)

Here's a tone-on-tone I made yesterday...


All three of these cases {and more} are for sale in my Etsy for those non-sewers in my group!


For you sewers... If you don't have a Kindle already, you might have to go purchase one just to try out your sewing skills!


Have a nice day!