Monday, February 13, 2012

My "Snap Trap" Wallet for Kids...


I've been busy experimenting lately, and my "Snap Trap" wallet for kids is the result of those endeavors. This wallet has a "snap" compartment with a metal measuring tape closure and a "trap" pocket with a zippered closure. 


I know it's a little premature to be thinking about Easter gifts, but I have a lot of grandkiddos so I need to start early! Our grandchildren range in age from 6 months to 8 years so different, age-appropriate gifts are needed. These wallets will suffice for the kids between 2 and 8 years! I have something else in mind for our toddler and babies!


I've wanted to make a child's wallet for a long time. After creating the pattern for my Snappy Bag I decided to revise that pattern and make it into a wallet with a front pocket that would hold money. Although it looks similar to my Snappy Bag, the pattern had to be changed dramatically. My Snappy Bag is great for cards, makeup or paper products, but the measuring tape closure is not secure enough for coins, so I had to devise a way to add a pocket with a zipper closure.


I love the fact that this little wallet has plenty of room for moola...


and plenty of room for treasures...


Now all I have to do is think of a few treasures to put inside the compartments. I think it will be something shiny and crisp in the zippered compartment and something playful in the snap compartment! ;o)

Let me know in a comment below if the availability of this pattern would interest you...I need a little feedback. ;o)


Linked to:
Made by You Monday @ Skip to My Lou; Party Time @ Northern Cottage: Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog; Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings; Sew Cute Tuesday @ Creative Itch; Show Me What You Got @ Not Just a Housewife; The Inspiration Board @ Homework; Ta-Da Tuesday @ Mommy by Day Crafter by Night; Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design; Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts; DIY Under 5 @  A Little Tipsy;