Thursday, January 12, 2012

It warmed my heart...


Last week I received a package in the mail. It was sent to me by a reader of my blog as a "thank you" for the free tutorials I had published on my blog over the last few years. It warmed my heart, and I appreciated her thoughtfulness so much. {Thank you again, Chris!}

Among several things in the box was this adorable Snap Happy Bag that she made for me. I fell in love instantly...


This little bag has a carpenter's metal tape measure cut to the correct lengths to form a "hinge" at the top of the bag. It "snaps" open and shut -- thus the name "Snap Happy Bag." It's the perfect size to put in a purse with a couple of makeup items or to hold a gift card.

I knew I wanted to make a version of my own and publish a tutorial, so yesterday I got to work and came up with this version...
 



Early next week I'll publish the tutorial. With Valentine's Day approaching I can foresee making these and filling them with all sort of goodies!


Linked to:
Sisters Sunday Link Party @ Sisters of the Wild West
Show & Tell @ Be Different Act Normal
Friday Favs @ Naptime Crafters
Friday Flair @ Whipperberry
Catch as Catch Can @ My Repurposed Life
Free for All @ Sassy Sites
Made Monday @ Toastie Studio

9 comments:

Chris said...

Suzanne this is absolutely ADORABLE!! I am in love with the little ruffle! Very nice job!!!

Sharon said...

So stinkin' cute! The fabric is awesome...whose line is it?

Suzanne said...

Green fabric -- Hobby Lobby (probably "Brother Sister Design Studio"

Flowered fabric -- Paula Prass "Flights of Fancy" line

Lorrie said...

What a fantastic idea! Love little bags.

seaweedandsassafras.com said...

SO CUTE! Perfect size to put a few credit cards or drivers license in a clutch for a night out.

gail said...

I have one of these, and I can just open and shut it over and over and over again! I don't know who thought this up, but as a repurposing guru, I LOVE the idea of using a tape measure. :)
How sweet that you got a gift! :)
gail

Sharon said...

So great - can't wait for the tutorial. I am so in awe of all you talented ladies that put your ideas out here for all of us to 'copy'. Thanks ever so much!

pasqueflower said...

Very cute!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Great creative touch to a cute pouch! I think that is what I like most about sewing is to let the creative juices flow to add my "touch" to whatever pattern I might be working on.