Monday, January 09, 2012

Bunting Kindle Case...


This Christmas my 8-year-old granddaughter received a special gift. She is a voracious reader, so her parents presented her with a Kindle for Christmas. I love that they encouraged her love of reading with that gift. While they were visiting her parents asked me if I might make a case for her Kindle, so a couple days ago I got busy...


I'm not sure I'm ever going to tire of the banner craze. There's something so fun and whimsical about banners, and I thought they would look perfect on a Kindle case for our Zoey.


Before they left her parents measured Zoey's Kindle because not all Kindle's are created equal. It turns out hers is a little more demure than mine with measurements of -- 4 3/4" x 6 3/4". I decided to make the finished case 6" x 8", so I cut two pieces of muslin 7" x 9" for the outside of the case and two pieces of complimentary cotton fabric 7" x 9" for the lining. I also cut out two 7" x 9" pieces of fusible fleece and secured them to the muslin. A 12-inch zipper is also required. I used 1/2" seams.


I used the same approach that I illustrated in my "Bunting Cosmetic Bag" tutorial to string the bunting across the front of the case...

 
Then I used the same technique to sew the bag together that Anna {from "Noodlehead"} showed us in her tutorial of her Lil Cutie Pouch...


I hope Zoey likes her case and that her Kindle continues to feed her addiction to reading!



Linked to:
Make-It-Yourself Monday @ An Original Belle
Head to Head Showdown @ I Can't Stop Crafting
Sunday Sisters Link Party @ Sisters of the Wild West
Show & Tell @ Be Different Act Normal
Friday Fav @ Naptime Crafter
Made Monday @ Toastie Studio
Friday Flair @ Whipperberry
Free for All @ Sassy Sites
Hookin' Up @ House of Hepworths
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Sew Cute Tuesday @ Creative Itch
Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
DIY Under $5 @ A Little Tipsy
Party Time Tuesday @ Northern Cottage
Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings
Ta-Da Tuesday @ Mommy by Day; Crafter by Night
The Inspiration Board @ Homework
Show Me What You Got @ Not Just a Housewife
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
Made by You Monday @ Skip to my Lou
Make it Monday @ Brassy Apple
Made with Love Link Party @ Sew Chatty
Craft-O-Maniac Link Party