Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Labor Day . . .

The hubs and I arrived home yesterday from yet another trip -- this time to California for an extended Labor Day Weekend. Sooo very fun. You can tell from the highlights of our trip below that my husband indulged me with lots of fabulous food and shopping. {One of the many reasons I love that man!} Without further ado...
  • Beautiful drive up to San Luis Obispo where the hubs and I first met. Here's "Our Story."
 
  • Shopping, sightseeing and lunch in Morro Bay...
  •  Wedding Reception with favorite family members in Visalia -- Lovely!
  • Church with family -- Rejuvenating!
  • Taking down my husband in Dominos and card games -- Unusual!
  • Browsing at shops in Laguna Beach -- Awesome! 
  • Lunch and dessert at our favorite restaurant in San Clemente -- Yummy...
  •  A good movie -- Relaxing!
  • Home again. Yay!
Tomorrow if the cloud-cover parts and it stops raining (so I can get some good pictures) I'll  show you "Wooden Button Pillow #2." So cute! Also, I'll need your help to determine what Plaque Attacks I will conjure up this year. Stay tuned for that post!

8 comments:

Taren said...

I'm so jealous! We moved into our house this summer which meant no vacation for us. I have family who live in Morro Bay. I have been there and San Luis Obispo too many times to count. The first beach I had ever been to was Avila beach. I have a niece named after it. Such a pretty area.

Daisy said...

I know all those spots from your weekend well. I live in Costa Mesa, went to high school in Dana Point, and lived in San Clemente for 26 years. Still drive down to attend our old ward in San Clemente frequently.
Sounds like you had a great Labor Day weekend!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Suzanne,

You are one lucky gal! What beautiful pictures and a delicious dessert. I hope to visit CA some day. Thank you for sharing your weekend with us.

Shannon said...

Wow! Looks like you had a wonderful time. I've never seen that Moro Bay before. That's really stunning. I'm ready to tag along next time you take a trip out there. Pictures of those desserts are making me drool...

Mia said...

Man with a dessert like that how could anyone go wrong! So glad you go to go this weekend.

Jillian said...

Oh man that dessert looks so delicious. yummy! Looks like you had a fun time. Beautiful pictures!

Connie said...

So glad you had a nice getaway.

That dessert looks like sin on a plate, but oh so delicious.

Julie said...

How fun! I'm jealous- I went to school at Cal Poly but haven't been able to squeeze in a visit in too many years. Soon, hopefully.