Monday, September 12, 2011

Plaque Attack -- Help Needed !

Early last month I mentioned that the Plaque Attack Club would be beginning a new phase. Last September I started the club, and with the completion of August's plaque each month has a subway art document symbolizing that month.

If you haven't received all 12 months of documents and would like additional months, please send me an email (my email address is on my sidebar) with the months you are requesting in the subject line of the email.

For the Plaque Attack Club this year we'll use the same wooden plaques, but the theme will change. Instead of concentrating on months of the year, I'll create some themed documents that reflect important things or events in our lives. Here are some examples...
  • a plaque that could be placed in a child's room
  • famous quotes or sayings
  • birthday theme
This is where you come in... Please leave a comment below with ideas you have for future plaques themes or wording! I will sift through the suggestions and make plaques with the most requested or original themes. Thank you so much for helping me with this. I've gotten so many fabulous ideas from my readers. It's good to know I can turn to you for help!


Jill said...

Friendship/Best Friends, Baby Words, Boys Favorites, Girls Favorites, Birthday's, Words associated with Relief Society, Young Women Values, Mother's, Father's, Grandparents, Sister's, Brother's, Family. I know whatever you do it will always be great!!!

Kendra said...

I recently saw a memo board with this saying on it:

"I can do anything; I just can't do everything!"

So appropriate for those of us who are type A personalities, don't you think!

Tina said...

What about graduation and anniversary?

Alison said...

Love, LDS, Little Boy, Little Girl, Teacher, Friend, Grandparent, Sports, States.. I love your plaques!

Tanya said...

Something with uplifting quotes? The sports idea is great..something for football, baseball, etc. What about something with things like 'be helpful, be kind, be loving..etc.

Leslie said...

Favorite scriptures, positive thoughts, nature, foods. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

The White Silk Purse (Dana) said...

Plaques for teachers, both school and church. Father's Day, Grandparents, Son-in-Law, Daughter - in -law. Get Well. New Home/Housewarming. Neighbor. -- and Something for a funeral gift.


Glenna said...

baby boy, baby girl, kitchen words,

Suzanne said...

Note to self:

"Family Rules" subway art

Lila said...

folks have posted great ideas! I especially like the family rules, a get well/good wishes type plaque, and seasons (fall, winter, etc). Thanks so much for doing the plaques for us!!!

Chris said...

How about "Its your Birthday" using birth date, birth weight, "happy", "celebrate", nick names, special Bible verses to encourage or lift up, or give direction and encouragement.

Beverly said...

Wedding gift - phrases such as to thee I wed, I do, and words such as matrimony, bliss,

Simple last name in one spot and words like family, sharing, comfort, home

Bathroom - splish, splash, scrub, bubbles, shower, soak

Poolhouse - flip-flops, towels, sunscreen, swimsuit,

Fall - leaves, frost, pumpkins, rake, harvest

Spring - sprouts, pansies, buds, rainbows, gulloshes, umbrella, puddles

Amy said...

I love the idea of seasons
September 11th
Holdiays -
Hobbies: Gardening, Scrapbooking, books, etc
What makes a home

Suzanne said...

From Terry:
Thank you for emailing me the past plaques. They are great and do make nice gifts to give. One idea I would love to see something possibly done with is the Serenity Prayer. In my different places of employment, there was always someone who had that prayer up (me included). They were from all different religions and a lot of people stopped to look. A few more ideas would center on different phases of our lives – retirement, birth announcements, memories of loved ones that have passed, etc. Thank you for allowing me to imput on this.

scrapfancy said...

I really like the ideas of Amy.

Craft words
Sewing words
Spouse words

Good luck and I know you will have some wonderful plaques to come.

maribel said...

Wow, thought I could offer some, but it looks like you guys have covered it.

Jill said...

I was hoping for a cub scout and a scouting one for our awards table up front at pack meetings and court of honors. I think one with some primary song titles might be fun. Oh or one for the new primary theme for 2012 which is "Choose the Right".

Thanks for your hard work!
I love the plaques!!

Carine said...

How about something with a laundry room or craft room theme?

Janae Campbell said...

friendship/best friends :)