Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ruffles and Roses...

I spent my time making fabric flowers and doing a little sewing yesterday. One of my favorite ways to spend free time is creating these days. It's relaxation therapy after a busy holiday season.

These beautiful Erin McMorris fabrics, from her Park Slope Collection by Freespir
it, are like a walk through a citrus grove! Playful abstract florals and fresh organic shapes create pure, clean color palettes with eye-popping colors. This line has a fresh garden feel with a retro kick. Love her designs! I chose three complementary fabrics to make this mini Hang Up wristlet. The bright, flashy colors in this sassy clutch are the perfect prescription for the doldrums of January!

Have a great day!

12 comments:

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

I just LOVE what you make! LOVE!!!
~Amy

MiaKatia said...

I love it when you make me love something in orange. It totally makes me rethink my relationship with orange :) Absolutely lovely!

Renee said...

So so so pretty! I love the colors, the shape, the ruffles, the flowers, everything.

I wish you lived closer. I don't mean that in a weird stalker kind of way, just a lonely sewer kind of way. I think we have very similar taste.

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

I know that I keep saying this, but those are so pretty. Are they selling yet on Etsy?

Jen

Suzanne said...

Renee - I'd love to be your next door neighbor. Hopefully next time in TN we girls can go out to lunch or craft for an afternoon!

Jen - I've only been making these for a couple of days. But I did sell one right after putting it in my Etsy shop, so I have high hopes! ;o) They really are cute in person. Wish I had your mad photography skills, to take better photos!

Kristine said...

Wow so cute!

Devri said...

Ok sooo cute! you have a wonderful talent, ok so I say it everytime I stop and look and read. but it is true.. miss you, sorry i am MIA.. Will be a better friend. promise

Shawn said...

This clutch is just BRILLIANT----seriously---BRILLIANT!!! I adore those flowers----you are amazing!

Olivia @ Swan White Curtain said...

I would love to see a tutorial on how to make those flowers! Cute!

Olivia @ Swan White Curtain said...

Thanks so much! I love those!

Suzanne said...

Just a reminder. In this earlier post of mine is a link to a tutorial on how to make these gorgeous flowers!

http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/2010/01/back-to-drawing-board.html

Jan said...

Oh, these are my colors!! Beautiful!!