Monday, September 28, 2009

Laying low..

I'm a bit under the weather. A little more "unavailable" than usual. Flat out on the couch. Suffice it to say I had a little operation on my foot, so I'm laying low for awhile. I'm good though. I've got my pain pills within reach and my husband at my beck and call. And I do. Beck and call -- often. (Bless that man.)

I'm hoping within no time to be back at my sewing machine creating. In the meantime I've surrounded myself with a few projects that require little movement, like these scrabble tile pendant necklaces. Can't wait to make a few of them. Go here for a tutorial...

I've also got some luscious yarns in my bag.
I hope to make some wintry scarves...

Plus, I'll be having a give-away come the end of the week!
All in all it's not a bad gig...

12 comments:

Jan said...

I sympathize on the foot surgery -- I had surgeries on both feet a year ago -- hope you get back to normal quickly!!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Suzanne heal quickly, I am glad to hear that you have a great support team looking after you.

Sounds like you have a lot of projects to keep you busy during your "down" time. I am looking forward to seeing what you create.

Jen

Nancy said...

The foot looks well cared for...heal fast!
Love

Quilt Hollow said...

Oooo...wishing that foot well soon! But then....take advantage of all the wait service too! LOL

Julie said...

Only you would have projects so beautiful, right at hand when you are couch bound!!! Good job planning that! Can't wait to see what you come up with while recuperating! Best wishes for a quick foot heal up!!!
xoxo- Julie

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh. Dear. I have a blue boot...just like yours. It was a few years ago, but I do remember the pain. It too, will pass. I'm glad you have good help, and some awesome looking projects to pass your time. Take care ~Natalie

Mila Julia n Ryan said...

Suzzane I'm sorry you need to hold still for recovery. You'll be good! And I hope pretty fast so you can sew and work on your projects. This way I get to see some pictures of it here. Take care girl!!!

MiaKatia said...

I am currently really digging scarfs. I love that they are so in fashion right now. I have a couple of the pendants from Home Studio and they are super cute and fun to wear. I hope you are feeling better today. I will call you tonight. Love you.

Chris said...

Sorry about your foot but it sounds like you are well taken care of. :) The tile idea is interesting. I went to the site, neat idea. Loved the photos of the flowers from your daughters wedding, very pretty. Our son's wedding was a week ago and it was beautiful. We left town the next day for a much needed vacation at the beach, ahh so relaxing! :) Just now getting back to checking some of the blogs ...Looking forward to seeing what you have been up to. :)

Shawn said...

Hope you heal soon---such a bummer to be kept down---unless it means that your hubby is waiting on you!

Then it is worth it....

Annie of Blue Gables said...

Get well soon, Suzanne. I hope you are feeling better already.
~a

Renee said...

You're so creative, even when you're injured!