Monday, September 14, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday

Fall is definitely in the air and all my flowers are feeling the effects of cooler nights and my neglect. Honestly, it has been wonderful these last couple of weeks not worrying about the yard quite so much. We obsessed over it all summer long -- trying to keep it in tip-top condition for the wedding reception. It feels great to let nature take its course and not work quite so hard!

This week I'm featuring some roses. I'm grateful for their hearty constitutions in the face of impending cooler weather...

I'm afraid that the last few weeks my poor herbs have been totally ignored. They've started to bloom and will go to seed soon. In the meantime I'm enjoying the beautiful, dainty little flowers of my cilantro and basil...

Have a wonderful Tuesday. To see more Bloomin' Tuesday posts, go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's.

8 comments:

Darla said...

It is nice to just sit back and observe isn't it. Your roses are beautiful, especially the yellow one!

Elena said...

Your roses are just lovely. My herbs are going to seed too. Thanks for sharing your blooms!

Carla said...

oooooo aaaaawwwww! Its nice to just sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor isn't it?

GRAMEE said...

I love all the colors of the roses..
I especially love the deep pink of the bottom one..{deep pink the color I see on my monitor} It actually may be another color...lol

Here in the area I live in in Arizona,
they farm roses not for the flower but for the bare root plants. It is beautiful when all is in bloom an the smell... Nothing like it driving down the road. smell.. and the beauty.

MiaKatia said...

Beautiful! I am ready for a little bit of fall around here.

Jean said...

I'm usually ready to ignore the yard this time of year. Your roses are looking fabulous for being ignored! Jean

Laurie and Chris said...

Your roses are so pretty!! Mine didn't do very good this year.

Mila Julia n Ryan said...

I love flowers and I wish I could have time and a backyard to have them there!!!! Those are lovely pictures!!!!