Thursday, October 23, 2008

Patience is a virtue...

Sometimes I have to remind myself of the phrase "patience is a virtue." For the last month my sewing machine hasn't seen the light of day. It's "required hibernation" was due to the fact that we had a grandchild's birth and a son's wedding within a couple of weeks of each other. Those two events are far more fun and important than sewing a seam or two. Still, I've missed the gentle purr of my sewing machine. All the "company" was gone by Tuesday, but since then I've been taking my time cleaning several rooms a day, doing mounds of laundry, and windexing grandchildren's fingerprints off all the glass in my home. (Ok, I did leave a couple of handprints just to relive the sweet memories.)

As I said, "patience is a virtue" -- I'd just like to thank everyone for being patient with me this last month. I have some luscious fabrics that I'm dying to whip up into totes starting next week! Here's a quick preview of some fabrics you'll be seeing soon...

I didn't have time for a Give Away this month, so look forward to a November Give-Away starting on Saturday, November 1st!

10 comments:

Angie said...

Great fabrics! I'm excited to see what you do with them! Welcome back!

Jan said...

I see some fabric that I love, love, love. Can't wait to see the end result -- you do such beautiful things.

Baby Vagabond said...

Oh, I know what you mean!

I have been sewing and playing with Lola but just no time to blog. I may end up leaving the blogging for Lola's Mom and just split my time between baby cuddling and baby clothing sewing!

((hugs)) Rosie

Jean said...

Those fabrics look awesome! I'm sure you'll be happy to get back to your machine and start creating! Love the new fall look! Jean

Laurie and Chris said...

THe fabrics look great I can't wait to see the finished prodact.

Love you new background!!

MiaKatia said...

I really like the new backgrounds and of course I love the fabrics.

Pudgeduck said...

Glad you are back! you are so talented the way you can match the fabrics! They are always gorgeous! Can't wait to see more wedding pics!

Tins and Treasures said...

These fabric combinations are amazing!

Renna said...

God forbid that dedication to our blogs ever take precedence over our families!

Grammy said...

Hi Suzanne, Patience is some thing I need to find more of.