Monday, October 05, 2020

"Snow Globe" Quilt Pattern...

A year ago I made a Christmas Quilt for all of our children's families plus a few more -- about 12 in all.  As always happens when you make quilts, I had a variety of fabrics left over, so I decided to make one for my husband and I with many of the fabrics I used for our kid's quilts. I thought that would be a fun way of remembering those quilts...

I finished the binding the other day and it's time to show it off. I chose fabrics from the mix that I felt would blend -- lots of reds and greens, of course, and some grays, blacks and lights. I have to admit I love how it turned out and this quilt pattern (a variation of a "snow globe" pattern) is perfect for showing off the fabrics. 


I chose a simple horizontal longarm quilting pattern for this quilt. I love it. It adds a fun swirl, but doesn't compete with the busyness of the fabrics. 

For the back I chose a black Christmas print, that might be my favorite Christmas fabric yet. Get a load of this...


I'm in love with those little mice. 🥰 The black fabric, along with some of the left over fabric from my stashed finished the back.

I've decided I love sashing between the blocks on some quilts. One this one in particular it separates all the different fabrics in the blocks and acts as a little frame around each one...

I think I might have gone crazy this year without my sewing machine. Granted, there are days I want to throw it out the window, because I feel like that's all I've done, but I'm grateful I've had something to do and overall it has saved me from going stir crazy!