Monday, October 05, 2020

My First Maple Leaf Quilt...

Since we now live in maple country I thought it would be a crying shame if I didn't make a maple leaf quilt, and this seemed like the perfect year to do it. Heaven knows, I had the time... 

I love how this quilt mimics the random ways leaves fall from trees and scatter on the ground -- every which way. It's chaotic and beautiful! 

This particular maple leaf pattern was so simple and a great way for me to be introduced to following an actual quilt pattern. I love the different cream colored fabrics for the background instead of just one. Like most patch-work quilts, it makes me feel like the quilt has been well loved even before it's finished! 


Once again I used sashing on this quilt, but it is the same cream color as the background, so it just adds a little space between the blocks without framing them. I also used a horizontal longarm quilting pattern that reminded me of the wind swirling around the leaves.


HERE is where I found this easy pattern, courtesy of Pat Sloan and the Olfa Website.

Wishing you all a beautiful fall day!