Saturday, March 02, 2019

Baby Quilt and Newborn Baby...


Our newest grandchild, a girl, was born last night. She arrived safely, and mother and daughter are doing well. I feel such a profound sense of love and gratitude when a new addition comes into our family. This week, in the nick of time, I finished her baby blanket. 


This is a slightly different half-triangle pattern than I've made before, and I love it.


The fabrics are a favorite of mine too. {Stof Fabrics Denmark from their Wooly Bear line.} We have a thing for bears in our family. My mother used to make fully jointed bears out of a variety of beautiful fur fabrics. They are works of art and each of my children have at least one of her creations. When I saw this cute fabric filled with bears it reminded me of my mother, and I wanted to pass that love of bears down to this little one.


So, I made this bear quilt, and I got some bear books and other little beary cute gifts for her. I love to give gift baskets or bags that have a theme. Bears are a perfect theme for a newborn -- girl or boy!


I filled the back of the quilt with more bears and scraps from the fabrics on the front...



The quilting pattern is rounded bear paws -- very cute and appropriate!


I can't wait to fly to California in a couple of weeks to help out with the new baby and her two-year-old sister! So excited for this new addition and the love and joy she will bring to our family.