Monday, April 24, 2017

Miss M.'s quilt...


One of these days I'm going to surprise everyone {including myself} and post about a furniture refinishing project, gardening adventure, or craft that I've completed. {Dream on.} I really didn't think this goal to make 40 quilts this year would be so consuming, but it is. However, I've loved every minute of it. Originally, I made the goal to use up a lot of the stash I've collected the last few years. This next quilt is a perfect example of making due with what you have...


Two-year-old Macy loves the color pink. Her mom says it's the only color she knows, so I decided to broaden her horizon and use this cute metallic floral fabric from Hobby Lobby as the "inspiration fabric" for the quilt and incorporate four other pretty colors as complimentary fabrics...


I had enough already-purchased fabrics in mint, peachy-pink, salmon and turquoise to bring those colors into the mix...



I love how these cute fabrics play off each other...



The back of the quilt was another place I was able to use up some of my stash. It's a little wonky, but I don't think a two-year-old will mind.



One more quilt checked off the list!