Thursday, April 20, 2017

Miss O.'s...


In between trips to California and Florida, I have finished a few more quilts. This one is for a little six-year-old granddaughter who loves red and pink. These adorable fabrics come from Moda's "Just Another Walk in the Woods" collection.


There are flowers, trees, ruffles, and sprinkles on this quilt -- a winning combination for this adorable girl of ours!


I'm finding this quilt making business {I'm trying to make 40 for our children and grandchildren by 2017 Christmas} has really been good for me. I love to create in general, but when I'm making things for people I love, it's even better. 


Throughout the whole process of picking out the fabrics, planning the design, sewing, and binding, I find I'm thinking about the person whose quilt it is the whole time. I count my blessings that this little {or big} person is in my life.


Each quilt is like a little gratitude journal all rolled up in fabric and thread and a whole lot of love.


I'm also learning new techniques with each new quilt. I'm pretty sure the last quilt I make is going to be the best for that very reason. Ahhh well... life is a process!


Fabrics:

Moda, "Walk in the Woods Forest Dark Pink and Dark Cream"...



Moda, "Walk in the Woods Sprinkles"...


Moda, "Walk in the Woods Ruffles and Ruffles Red"...


Moda, "Walk in the Woods Toss the Garden Cream"...