Monday, December 21, 2015

More Christmas Stockings...


Last week I mentioned that I would take photos of the Christmas stockings that my daughter-in-law Meghann made during our sew fest on Saturday. You may remember that I made a muslin stocking to test the pattern that I had altered from the pattern I had used on my husbands and my stockings I'd made earlier in the week.


Meghann wanted their stockings to be a longer, thinner, version with a long cuff. We both agreed the dimensions of the new "test" stocking was ok -- except for the bottom of the stocking. The boot part needed to be larger, so we easily changed that on the pattern by adding 1/4" all around the boot.

I absolutely died when she showed me the fabric she chose. Sooo dang cute! Here are the almost finished stockings...


It's difficult to see the texture on these beautifully luxurious fabrics, but here's a close-up of both...



All three fabrics were found in the home decorating fabrics at Hobby Lobby. So pretty. Meghann plans to finish them off with a few buttons on each stocking -- placed here...


As I said the I love the fabric choices she made.


Before I sign off I need to show you two more adorable stockings. These were made by another daughter-in-law, Stephanie. This goes without saying, but I have very talented DILs! Once again I love the fabric choice.  I love red stripes at Christmastime!