Monday, May 13, 2013

"Vintage" Pouch


I've mentioned before that my mother is going through the "downsizing" process. As a result the last few months she's been whittling down her belongings to accommodate a smaller space. A while ago I became the recipient of some cute little vintage fabric embroidered napkins...


There were only three, so I wasn't sure what I'd do with them, but I knew I wanted to repurpose them in some way. Last time I was at my mother's, she gave one of the granddaughters her sewing machine. Before it was taken away, mom went through her sewing supplies and kept a few things that might come in handy in the future. We put those in a little baggie and tucked them away.


The napkins came to mind when I decided I'd make my mother a little sewing kit -- a bag for her thread, needles, pins, and scissors. I thought one of these little pouches would be better storage for her sewing supplies than a baggie!


I cut the embroidered corner off the napkins and situated it on the front piece of the pouch and made three different versions with three different fabrics...


I haven't decided which one I'll give my mom, but I'm leaning toward the orange leafed one.


I just thought I'd throw this idea out there.
I'm may not be the only one wondering what to do with three vintage napkins.
;o)


10 comments:

Aprons and More said...

Too cute! What a great idea!! My mom and grandmother had a bunch of these... I have always wanted to do something with them but didn't want to ruin them!
Thanks for the nudge.

Katy :)

Twiglet said...

They are really lovely. I have a few napkins that may get re-cycled in a similar way. Thanks for sharing. x Jo

Crafting Queen said...

These are wonderful, great way to used those napkins.

pasqueflower said...

How clever!! I'm sure your mom will love her little sewing pouch!

Linda Southworth said...

You always inspire me! A modern twist on vintage which shows beautifully in all three bags. I am sure your mother will love any one or all.

Nana said...

So pretty. You're mom will love what ever one you give her.

VickiT said...

Those are very pretty.

Lisa M said...

Gorgeous. What a lovely way to up-cycle vintage napkins.

Karen H said...

Oh how clever! I have some that I bought at a thrift store. I have been wondering what to do with them. Great idea!

Julie said...

All three are just gorgeous, Suzanne!!! I like the top one best, but the orange is great too!!! Your Mom will love it!!!