Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm home...

It feels like I've been away from my blog for months, when it's actually only been three weeks. I've been busy! Babies tend to arrive when they want. They aren't bound by social propriety in that regard. ;o) I was all set to fly out to North Carolina a couple of days before my daughter was due, and then the baby came two weeks early! Reservations were changed, and I sped out a couple of weeks early. For two and a half weeks I got to hold this little angel...


Little "Taitum Monroe" was only 5 pounds 6 ounces when she was born, but two and a half weeks later she tipped the scale at 6 pounds 11 ounces! {A hearty eater to be sure!}

I was also busy with this little guy -- Taitum's big brother -- Miles...


Miles kept me hopping! A sixteen-month-old only has one speed -- fast! I loved every minute of it!

I'm going to be doing a little more painting on my main floor. I hope to get the walls of my living room and study painted before Thanksgiving. Wish me luck. I also have a fabulous craft idea that involves a deer head from Target. I'll post that in a couple of days.


14 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Look at you and your sweet grandbabies!

Jboo said...

Congrats!! What beautiful grandkiddos!

Chris said...

Congratulations!! Little Taitum is just beautiful...and you look wonderful even though you have been running after Miles and helping out with those sweet grands!! :) I missed your posts but knew you were doing something far more important. Welcome back and have fun painting, can't wait to see your deer head crafty project. :)

Kate said...

Beautiful children and you're so lucky to be able to spend time with them.

Salmagundi said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby! And that is a special name -- Monroe as a middle name. My son's middle name is Monroe -- named after the grandson of President Monroe who was a friend of my grandfather. My father's first name was Monroe. Unusual in this day! Sally

Lynn said...

Congratulations! Grandbabies are so precious. Taitum is precious:)

Julie said...

So fun! Congratulations! I especially love seeing pictures of YOU with your sweet little ones.

kr said...

Congratulations!! and to the new mom and dad and big brother! What a blessing you are to your children and grandchildren.

Elizabeth said...

I can't help but smile when I saw these delightful photos. Congratulations to the whole family!

mommatojoa said...

Congrats! What beautiful grandbabies you have! Also for some reason I imagined you as a brunette :)
your granddaughter was tiny. I can't believe that my son was even smaller (4 lbs 9 oz).

congratulations again!

AnnieOf Blue Gables said...

Wow, I think this is the first time I have seen a picture of you.
Congratulations on your new little one. We got a little guy in August and another the first of November. I haven't gotten to see the latest one yet because we were just there the week before he was born.
But I get to babysit the August little guy every Tuesday when I go up to SLC for choir.
I have a son in NC!!! Fun coincidence.
~a

The Patchsmith said...

Oh my, what a little sweetie. How lucky are you? Can't wait to see what your idea is too.

Nancy said...

Congrats to all Suzanne..She looks so tiny..and big brother looks like he's ready to jump off of your lap there..lol..You are certainly blessed aren't you..Good luck with the painting..that's a lot to do in a little time..I will be watching for the deer head craft but tend to your painting first..I can wait..Welcome back!!

Jillian said...

What cute kids! They sure do love their grandma!