Monday, February 15, 2010

Take 3 - Bedroom Redo ... Before & After

I've decided "before" decorating shots are for the birds. They are an embarrassment. In my defense (a pathetic defense, at best) I was already in the process of dismantling the room when I thought to take a "before" photo of the room. Still, when I look at this photo I can't help but think to myself "What took you so long?" Sometimes, you just get used to your surroundings, and it doesn't occur to you that a change is in order. Anyway... the good news is I have a beautiful new room that reflects much more of who we are right now...

Here's the before...

And the after...


7 comments:

MiaKatia said...

I love the new room!! So beautiful. Can I go ahead and claim that room for our next visit ;) or at least the bowl of peanut butter cups!

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

You have done a spectacular job, and even better by not blowing up the whole house. LOL.

I love what you have done, and am inspired by this.

Jen

Renee said...

I love it and I love your decorating philosophy, to surround yourself with things that you love. Then, it will all go together, without being too matchy matchy. The bedding you chose is beautiful and I love all your embellishments.

And hey, thanks for posting the before.

Elizabeth said...

I love everything you've done in the bedroom, Suzanne. And you've done them all so economically! Perfect!

Renee said...

ps. Here's another link you might like. It's a tutorial on how to make organza flowers. I think I'm going to pick up some fabric next week and try to put together a couple of Easter headbands for the girls.

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=5425

Tolentreasures said...

I love your new room and loved the thought process behind the decorating. I, too have brought things back from other places, some work, some do not, all usually good airplane stories of how I got them here though!

I have rooms that need redone, wanna visit?

Cathy

Shannon said...

we love it!