Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sold - "Yowsa!"

I'm in love with an inanimate object. You'll understand why, and you'll fall under its spell when you meet "Yowsa!". I often fall in love with my Hang Ups. It has little to do with me and everything to do with the fabric designers. A few weeks ago I whipped up a tote from Mark Lipinski's collection, Califon. It sold within minutes. Seriously. Yesterday I got in the mood to create another tote using Mark's fabric, but this time I wanted to throw in a little twist, so I headed off to my favorite fabric store in town to try and find a contrasting fabric that wasn't from the Califon line. Have you ever heard of Kaffe Fassett? He designs wonderous fabrics with bold, bright colors! I found the perfect fit in one of Kaffe's creations to extol the audacious designs from the Califon line. Today this Hang Up was fashioned and I named her "Yowsa!" An apt description if you ask me. I used two fabrics from the Califon collection -- one on the bottom of the tote and the other for the lining. Then I used one of Fassett's creations, called Paperweight Cobalt, on the top of the tote. Isn't she a beauty?

"Yowsa" has all the usual features... large inside pocket, fully lined with double interfacing for extra support, fabric-covered removable reinforced base, 22" reinforced fabric straps. This Hang Up measures approximately 14 1/2" x 12". The price includes postage anywhere within the continental U.S. Send me an email (my address is on my sidebar) if you are interested in purchasing this beautiful Hang Up!


Melody said...

That is a beautiful combination. You named it appropiately!!!

MiaKatia said...

I am absolutely SMITTEN with this tote. What a fantastic combo of materials.

Mark Lipinski said...

OMG! What an honor! My fabric next to Kaffe Fassett? I just fainted! ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz