Monday, January 26, 2009

Bloomin' Tuesday



As illustrated in the photo to the left we are under a blanket of snow in Colorado this Bloomin' Tuesday. The high was 8 degrees today with a windchill of -10. Not exactly weather for the faint of heart. The predominant landscape color this time of year is a dull "Winter brown." To cheer me up, I decided to go back into the archives to a warmer, friendlier time. Here's a little collage of photos that will remind us of the colors of Spring and Summer. It might just give us a little something to look forward to...





To visit more Bloomin' Tuesday posts or to sign up to join in on the fun, go to Ms. Green Thumb Jean's.

9 comments:

perennialgardener said...

What a lovely flashback to sunnier times Suzanne! Thanks for sharing this beautiful collage today. :)

playsdolls said...

Love the collage it does remind me of Spring and Summer,but that blanket of snow is quite beautiful to.

devri said...

top photo.. ugh...

collage.. bee u ti full.

ps. i had to laugh. i went down to do the word verification. guess what it is having me type.

fornest.

get it? lol no joke.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Suzanne, did you say 8 degrees? I just got a chill down my back! LOL I am not use to that kind of weather. I guess I am a whimp!
Your collage of your garden pictures are just beautiful! Something great for you to look forward to. Under all the snow in your yard is a sleeping garden!
Love, Ann

Aiyana said...

Beautiful flower memories! I spoke to my son in Denver, and he was telling me about the cold. I had to tell him our high at the time was 77!
Aiyana

Kristen said...

Thanks for the sunshine and spring flowers. Isn't winter over yet?

Darla said...

Man oh man, it's cold at your house! Great walk back through your blooms. Something to look forward to for sure!!

Carla said...

aaahh, warmer, friendlier times, (swooning); stay warm, and thank you for sharing your color today:)

Jean said...

Thanks, Suzanne! I needed that! It's cold here today with a winter storm watch for tonight. Can't wait for spring! Jean