Monday, August 10, 2020

My First "Snowball" Quilt...

A friend recently told me that this is called a "Snowball" pattern. I've told you before, and it's the truth, I'm a sewer not a quilter. My quilts are so easy compared to some I see on the internet, but I like them that way because I love to showcase the prints on the fabric, not the design of the quilt, or that's what I tell myself. I don't think I have the patience for intricately patterned quilts, so I prefer simple patterns...

 
I saw this pattern on Facebook and sized it to what I needed to use a 10" fabric layer cake with an airplane theme that I'd bought a few years ago. Then, I took some different cream colored fabrics that I had on hand for the 4" square corners. Two inch sashing made up the rest of the quilt. 
 

 
My longarm quilter used a puffy "cloud" pattern for the quilting on this one. I love the aeronautical theme. My hubs is a private pilot, so it's a nod to him. 

  Wishing you a wonderful week with blue skies and sunshine!