Monday, December 31, 2018

My Quilt...


I'm so excited to piece this quilt! Last Summer before we moved from Colorado to Massachusetts, I visited my favorite quilting store and bought some coordinating fabric for a beautiful fabric I bought at Spoonflower. It's called "Swedish Folk Art Birds, by Rebecca Reck."  This was the fabric I chose for the "inspiration" for the quilt I'm finally making for myself. My ancestry is half Swedish, and I love the blues and whites found in Scandinavian prints, so I went looking for something that would reflect my heritage and colors I love. I found it in this Swedish Folk Art print...


 The scale on this folk art fabric is pretty large, so I went with smaller scaled fabrics for the coordinating prints. Here's what I came up with...


Two of my favorite colors together are orange and blue, and I think the plain orange and blue fabrics will make a beautiful frame for the quilt (border). The other two fabrics, dot and tan, will be in the body of the quilt along with the birdies. I'm starting the piecing process today! Happy New Year!