Friday, July 06, 2018

Salmon Patties...


I've been in my kitchen a lot lately. The month before we moved I didn't cook much because I had to pack up my kitchen first for the move, so since we've arrived at our new home I've been taking advantage of the cute kitchen I have.

The other day I decided to change up the salmon fillets I had bought. I'd seen a picture of salmon patties somewhere and they looked yummy, so I looked up a recipe and tweaked it a bit, and this is what I came up with...


I absolutely loved this recipe. It's not a healthy as a salmon filet because of the bread crumbs and frying, but it does stretch the salmon, and it was delicious!


Suzanne's Salmon Patties
serves 4 people

Ingredients:
2 salmon fillets
2 eggs
3 green onions. diced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
1 lime juiced
olive oil

Wrap salmon fillets in foil and cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool. Remove the skin. Crumble salmon fillets and mix in the eggs, green onions, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and lime juice. Form the salmon mixture into four patties. Place the patties in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up the patties so they are less apt to fall apart when you fry them.

Warm skillet and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Fry salmon patties on each side till brown. Serve with a lemon wedge and some tartar sauce. I paired these patties with couscous and a green salad. Best when served immediately!