Wednesday, April 25, 2018

#22's Quilt...


I dislike calling grandchildren-to-be by a number, but when I don't know what the little muffin's name is going to be, that's what I do. We are expecting another grandchild in July -- our 22nd grandchild and our 14th granddaughter. We used to be pretty even-steven when it came to the ratio of grandsons to granddaughters, but recently we've had a run on girls. I've been making a few things for the little angel and hope to get all the items shipped off this week. Here's the quilt I made for this little one...


It's not particularly a girly-girl kind of quilt, but I think it's adorable. The inspiration fabric is this woodland print...


This fabric has a taupe background with white, cream and coral touches. I combined it with three other fabrics in coral, taupe, and white, and I decided on a daisy pattern for the quilting.


I used the woodland print for most of the back fabric with a strip of the other fabrics...


I hope one day to find this quilt trailing behind our granddaughter. I love well-loved quilts!