Monday, February 19, 2018

Little Boy's Scrap Quilt...


I was inspired by a photo on the internet (don't ask me where I saw it -- can't remember) to make a scrap baby boy quilt from blue and gray fabrics in my stash. I had plenty of those colors from the quilts I made last year. I tried to make it a little abstract. I've decided I don't do abstract very well. There's something about it that goes against my grain. I've seen some beautiful quilts that are abstract in nature, but I have to work so hard at it that it's not fun for me. Anyway, here's what might be my one and only attempt at an abstract quilt...


I chose an ABC pattern for the quilting. I'm not sure you can see it in these photos, but it's cute.


The back is simply more of the same fabrics that I used on the front.


I don't have a recipient in mind for this quilt yet. I'm hoping to get a stash of baby quilts so that I can choose one and give it away when there's a need.


Wishing you a wonderful day!