Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Crazy Quilt...



When I created the goal of making the Christmas quilts for family members last February, the thought was to make the quilts from as much of my fabric stash as possible. My best laid plans rarely come to fruition. In 2018, however, I am determined to use as much of my stash as possible when I make quilts. I've always wanted to make a crazy quilt, and I'm especially drawn to 1930's reproduction fabric for this style of quilt, so I went through my stash and found some prints that were along those lines...


It's actually really difficult for me to make a crazy quilt. I like things to coordinate far too much for me to intentionally choose a variety of colors that are, in my mind at least, totally mismatched. A friend gave me some good advice for this type of quilt though. She said to either choose fabrics of the same scale or similar colors. I chose to make the quilt out of similarly scaled fabrics. Also, quite by accident, I chose flowers as a theme.


Today I made this baby quilt. They are little 4" block half triangles. I'm so pleased with how it turned out and excited to get it professionally quilted. Having a longarm quilter work her magic on it will make all the difference!


I can picture in my mind a two-year-old dragging this quilt behind her. I hope it becomes faded and frayed from being well loved!