Friday, September 08, 2017

Homemade Cakes...


My daughter-in-law Stephanie has become the resident baker in our family and she is starting to influence others. Here are some photos of cakes that Stephanie has made...







Stephanie could open a bakery and make a million bucks. Instead, she blesses family and friends with her talents, and as I said she is also starting to inspire others. My daughter Jillian is beginning to try her hand at baking too. I'd say Jillian is pretty talented too...



Well, tonight I hosted a baby shower and a few days ago I decided it was time to try my luck at decorating a cake like my girls do. Mind you, I am not on the level of my daughters, but it was fun trying my hand at cake decorating and I can see where it wouldn't take too long to feel more confident. Maybe. I do love to learn new skills. Here's my attempt for the shower. This one is a white cake with buttercream frosting. This is the best white cake I've ever had. Go here for the cake recipe (it's a cupcake recipe, but one can make three 8" cakes with it) and here's the buttercream frosting recipe. Is it necessary to say how good buttercream frosting is? I think not.



I also made this cake. This one was easy because it was supposed to look "rustic" -- which I define as "messy." That I can handle, but next time I think I'll make it a little less rustic -- if you get my drift.


I also made my Chocoflan cake, which I love...


It was a fun night celebrating the upcoming births of two sweet little ones.


For the next few days we get to enjoy some fun time with my son and his family, then in a couple of weeks we are starting a complete kitchen renovation. I say "we" loosely. I'm really excited to see the changes that we are going to make.