Friday, May 19, 2017

Charlie's quilt...


Those of you who live in the Rocky Mountains know the crazy weather "patterns" in our neck of the woods, but this last week has even surprised a veteran like me.  The last couple of days we have seen buckets of rain, freezing temperatures, and a bunch of snow, which left me with a lot of time to sew. Truthfully, I'd rather be planting flowers this time of the year. However, I'm excited to show you this quilt that I just finished for Charlie, our seven-year-old grandson.


I don't know if you have a perpetually smiling child in your life, but I hope you do.  Charlie loves life, and that enthusiasm is manifest in a constant, winning smile! Because of his zest for life, I wanted to choose a fabric for his quilt that was fun-loving and happy. Here's the fabric I chose to build Charlie's quilt around.


Because of Charlie's good nature and fun-loving spirit, a "party animal" print suits him to a T! This is Dear Stella Foxtail Forest Treetop Party print. I love it. I made the quilt in a herringbone pattern and used the party print as the "background" fabric. It makes for a very busy quilt, for a very busy boy. I paired this print with several other woodland or party prints from Dear Stella...



We're talking wood prints, banners, feathers, canoes, and the like to round out this fun quilt...


This outdoor party-in-the-woods themed quilt suits Charlie perfectly. He's an outdoor dog, if you know what I mean!


One more to check off the list!