Thursday, February 09, 2017

Christmas Quilts...


A couple of weeks ago I decided to make a lap quilt for all our children and grandchildren for Christmas next year. That's 41 quilts, including one for my husband and me. I can't believe I had the foresight to actually start this project in February, instead of next October. I think I should treat myself to a boatload of chocolate for that one. I already have three at the longarm quilter's home, and I've got two more to drop off when I pick the three up. Things are going to get busier this spring and summer, so I want to get as many done as I can this winter. These are simple piece-in-a-day quilts, but they are turning out cute and unique. Here are some fabrics I bought for one of my little grandsons. I asked each set of parents to send favorite colors for every member in the family and this grandson indicated he likes black and red. I think these rugged logger-man beavers fit the bill. {Kaufman Burly Beavers and coordinates can be found at fabric.com}