Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Textile Wednesday...


"Textile Wednesday" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Textile Tuesday," but I'm a day late, so it'll have to do.

Today we are having a one of those spring blizzards that makes Colorado famous. Yesterday I was sitting reading a book in the chair in the photo below in 70 degree weather at 4pm in the afternoon. Sixteen hours later those chairs look like this...


It's a good thing I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby yesterday and snatched up some of these beautiful, new metallic fabrics...


I absolutely adore these fabrics that have a sprinkling of gold metallic. So cute. I'll be hunkering down with sewing on my mind  today. It's a good day for hot chocolate and slippers. Even the puppy is content to stay inside in this kind of weather!

1 comment:

Army Wife Quilter said...

That was some storm yesterday. I was amazed how fast it developed. And scared my husband had to go to work in the morning and about 12:00pm they sent him home. It took almost 2 hours. He almost didn't make it. He parked down the street from the house and finally walked the rest of the way. His boss got stuck on Pena and the cops came and took him to the airport. I don't know how long it took for him to get home. I hope you all were safe.