Monday, October 12, 2015

Exterior House Renovation -- Final Update...


It has been a couple of weeks since our house renovations were complete, but "life" happened in between then and now. I've been on the west coast and the east coast in the last two weeks visiting and helping kids, but now I'm home and can update my blog to include the final exterior house renovations we completed in September. You might remember the last blog post about the renovations, where I showed you a before and mid-renovation photo...


Since this mid renovation photo was taken, we've added shutters to our home. In my first blog post about the exterior renovations I mentioned how we made these shutters. I've come to love them! They added so much to the exterior of our home...


We also added new lighting fixtures. For some reason it took me several days to decided on the exterior fixtures. I knew I wanted barn light style for over the garage door, and I found this one on Amazon...



Then I had to find a door fixture that complimented that style. That was the challenge. I finally found one on Overstock.com -- from Capital Lighting Dylan Collection.



One of the most notable things we were able to do for this renovation was to change out the garage door. We moved into our home 24 years ago, and over time garage doors get a lot of wear and tear. Ours was no exception. Putting in this new insulated garage door was a wonderful improvement. We decided on a carriage style with windows. We also chose to get the inserts for the windows {not in the above mid renovation photo}, which add a bit a character. For many homes {ours included} a garage door takes up a large part of the front of the home. We wanted to make it an interesting feature.


I am so happy with the results of this renovation, and I'm grateful the colors turned out how I'd hope they would. Again, here's the before...


And the after photos...



FYI: Paint Colors...
Door & Shutters: Benjamin Moore Hale Navy HC154
Trim: Benjamin Moore China White PM20
Siding: Benjamin Moore Custom Color {below} to match Sandstone Garage Door
    542 - 2x (gallon)
    Y3   1x   24.0000
     S1   1x   8.0000  
     R3   0x   7.0000