Monday, February 23, 2015

Beautiful Blossoms & Life...


One can always tell when my life gets busy, because the first thing that gets axed are blog posts. So far this year we've had a new little grandson join our family, the hubs and I took a cruise to Central America and Mexico, and a son got engaged. All wonderful things! We also have two more grandbabies due in March, a college graduation in April, three baby blessings and the wedding in August. I may have left out a thing or two. Within the next few months our immediate family members will number 33. No wonder I don't have much time for blogging.


This weekend we had a snowstorm. Turns out it wasn't as impressive as the 18 inches they were predicting, but it was still enough to keep us inside, hunkered down with doughnuts and hot chocolate a plenty. Since I was inside a good deal of the time, I used my time wisely and made a few fabric flowers from the pattern I sell in my Etsy store.


My DIL-to-be and I will be making some of these for the flower girls to wear in the wedding, so I thought I'd put a few together and experiment with different types of fabric.


I used 100% polyester chiffon, satin, tulle, organza, lace, etc. Then I garnished them with feathers, buttons, sparkles, beads and pearl add ons.


Today I took some photos of the flowers with the snow as a backdrop. Aren't they beautiful on that sparkley, white snow?


The colors for the wedding are going to be a silver, sage, white, cream and champagne tan. I've ordered a beautiful silver sage fabric that we'll use for most of the flowers...


 This green flower is too bright for the wedding, but I know someone who loves green, so it won't go to waste.


 I have to admit I love the curly petals of this pattern.


I've pinned a lot of beautiful examples of fabric flowers on one of my Pinterest Boards. Feel free to check them out under "Blossoms". They are sure to give you lots of inspiration!


2 comments:

Chris O'Dorisio said...

Suzanne they are all BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the beading/buttons in the centers. So lovely, and yes the sparkly snow backdrop is just perfect to show off these beauties!! By the sounds of it the wedding is going to be beautiful!
I follow you on Pinterest and had noticed some flowers and dresses popping up, kinda guessed a wedding was in the works. :) How exciting your life has been these last months! Who ever said that life slows down once the kids are gone didn't know you. :) What wonderful blessings you and your husband are enjoying, so happy for all that is coming your way!!! Big hugs!!! :)
Oh, we have a son getting married the 24th of May. His wedding is out of state so I am busy now finding a place for the rehearsal dinner/picnic and planning our trip. My future DIL wants an outside wedding in an old barn so I am looking for that perfect Mother of the Groom dress, less formal, something a little casual and "springy"....so the "hunt" is on. :)

Suzanne said...

Chris, thank you for your kind words! Congratulations on your son's engagement!